tO VIEW ALL CURRENT POSITION WITH THE CITY OF URBANA, CLICK HERE.
The City of Urbana, Ohio is seeking applicants for the part-time position of Code Enforcement Inspector, under the direction of the Zoning and Compliance Officer. This position pays $11.00 per hour and is scheduled at 28 hours per week. The Code Inspector is primarily responsible for investigating and documenting public nuisance, public safety and other ordinance violations including but not limited to tall grass, accumulation of litter and solid waste, open storage of junked vehicles, vacant properties and general parking violations. Investigate and document resident complaints of code violations; proactively identity and document nuisance and other code violations; inspect and document compliance of issued zoning permits; enforce parking regulations throughout the city; document and gather evidence using various tools such as tablet, camera, computer and written communication; maintain accurate computer records and case files for all inspections and enforcement actions; assists other departments with special projects and initiatives; operates a motor vehicle for work related site visits, inspections & follow-up.
The qualifications for this position include the following:
• Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge to perform the work.
• Strong customer service experience.
• Previous public service experience is highly desired.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively in difficult situations.
• Ability to learn city codes and zoning ordinances to become familiar with requirements and standards.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Ability to take and upload pictures utilizing city issued tablet. • Ability to learn and utilize web-based database software.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license as a condition of employment.
• Ability to work in office and outdoor environments.
The selected candidate must successfully complete the following:
• Background Investigation.
• Pre-employment Drug Screen
A City application or resume must be submitted to apply for this position. A blank application and a full job description may be obtained at https://www.urbanaohio.com/job-opportunities.html or by calling: (937) 652-4313. To be considered, an application or resume must be returned to the Human Resource Office by 4:00 p.m., April 16, 2021 at 225 South Main Street Urbana, Ohio 43078. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Urbana is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The City of Urbana operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin sex, age, disability, or low-income status in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and its related statutes.
Bow to Wow Grooming is looking for a dependable energetic person to add to our grooming team. This person would be responsible for taking care of our walk in bath clients, answering phones, checking dogs in and out for the groomers, answering phones, scheduling appointments and assisting the Groomers wherever needed. Good phone and computer skills required, able to lift 50lbs, good organization skills, pleasant with customers and MUST LOVE DOGS!! 18 years of age and reliable transportation
If this sounds like a job for you, please contact them an interview. Stop by Bow to Wow Grooming at 415 S Main St Urbana
Custom Staffing here in Urbana is looking to add another Staffing Recruiter to our team. The Recruiter is responsible for providing qualifying and scheduling employees for positions with Custom Staffing client companies. Successful execution of duties includes the following responsibilities: communicate with clients to determine their needs, interview employees for open positions, complete orientation of new employees, and maintain personnel files and other human resource items in accordance with company policies.
• Communicate and build relationships with clients to satisfy their staffing needs and ensure company satisfaction.
• Maintain daily and weekly open client orders. • Assist other offices and branch Recruiters with staffing needs.
• Screen, interview and select candidates according to client specific job profiles.
• Communicates with employees regarding assignment, placement and availability.
• Responds to all emails and client communication in a timely manner and according to company guidelines.
• Termination of employees and completion of Exit Interview according to company protocol.
• Review and submit accurate payroll of field employees to Branch Manager.
• Responsible for application and on boarding of employees.
• Maintains employee, client and company confidentiality.
• Comply with established corporate policies and procedures, employment laws and regulations.
• Prioritizes workload based on urgency.
• Performs tasks independently or as a team. • Attend mandatory daily pass-down meetings with Branch Manager.
• Consistently exceeds employee, client and corporate expectations.
Click here to learn more & apply today!
CRSI is looking for a dedicated person to join our team as a Human Resources Recruiter
We are currently looking for someone to perform all the functions of full-cycle recruiting including but not limited to:
Post all open positions
Make recommendations for placement
Update Human Resource Tracking System
This opportunity is a Full Time position including a Full Benefit package, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Vol Life, Paid Time off and Holidays. In this position you will be required to communicate with Management to determine staffing needs, screen resumes, interview potential employees, make recommendations for hire, extend employment offers, use a variety of resources to recruit candidates including career fairs, online job fairs and attend community events. You would need to develop and maintain relationships with outside sources, for example, Job and Family Services, Senior Centers, High Schools etc. You will be responsible to develop advertisements to ensure highest visibility to all open positions. Maintain job postings on Facebook, Indeed, Job and Family Services and all other outlets that would attract qualified applicants. Communicate all employment information during the recruiting process, locations, trainings, benefits, applicable sign-on/referral bonuses etc. Prepare reports documenting recruitment activity and effectiveness.
Custom Staffing has a position for a Grinder/Polisher.
1st shift. Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
The Grinder/Polisher position performs smoothing, polishing, or grinding of metal objects with various hand and power tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
•Deburr, grind and polish of metal.
•Remove metal slag.
•Must be able to determine the kind of tools and equipment they will need in order to do the job properly.
•Must be a self-starter and able to execute job task with limited supervision.
•Perform basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating tool parts.
•Any other assignments related to manufacturing of our products and facility maintenance.
•Knowledge of basic hand tools.
•Must be able to work in a fast pace environment.
•Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Click here to apply now, call us at 937-652-7823 or stop in at 803 Scioto St. Urbana, Ohio 43078.
Johnson Welded Products is looking to fill 20+ full time positions in the next 30 days.
If you would like to apply for a position please visit this link:
- MIG - TIG -Carbon Steel and Aluminum
**1st and 2nd Shift Available**
*No Experience Required**
What are you waiting for???? APPLY NOW!!!!
Are you looking for a career change? Seeking local employment?
Check out OhioMeansJobs Champaign County most recent Hot Job List! To see a full list of jobs available on OhioMeansJobs click here!
Administration & Support Services
Health & Wellness