tO VIEW ALL CURRENT POSITION WITH THE CITY OF URBANA, CLICK HERE.
The City of Urbana, Ohio is seeking applicants for the part-time position of Code Enforcement Inspector, under the direction of the Zoning and Compliance Officer. This position pays $11.00 per hour and is scheduled at 28 hours per week. The Code Inspector is primarily responsible for investigating and documenting public nuisance, public safety and other ordinance violations including but not limited to tall grass, accumulation of litter and solid waste, open storage of junked vehicles, vacant properties and general parking violations. Investigate and document resident complaints of code violations; proactively identity and document nuisance and other code violations; inspect and document compliance of issued zoning permits; enforce parking regulations throughout the city; document and gather evidence using various tools such as tablet, camera, computer and written communication; maintain accurate computer records and case files for all inspections and enforcement actions; assists other departments with special projects and initiatives; operates a motor vehicle for work related site visits, inspections & follow-up.
The qualifications for this position include the following:
• Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the knowledge to perform the work.
• Strong customer service experience.
• Previous public service experience is highly desired.
• Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively in difficult situations.
• Ability to learn city codes and zoning ordinances to become familiar with requirements and standards.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Ability to take and upload pictures utilizing city issued tablet. • Ability to learn and utilize web-based database software.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license as a condition of employment.
• Ability to work in office and outdoor environments.
The selected candidate must successfully complete the following:
• Background Investigation.
• Pre-employment Drug Screen
A City application or resume must be submitted to apply for this position. A blank application and a full job description may be obtained at https://www.urbanaohio.com/job-opportunities.html or by calling: (937) 652-4313. To be considered, an application or resume must be returned to the Human Resource Office by 4:00 p.m., April 16, 2021 at 225 South Main Street Urbana, Ohio 43078. Applications and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
The City of Urbana is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The City of Urbana operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin sex, age, disability, or low-income status in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and its related statutes.
Administration & Support Services
Health & Wellness
High School Students
Teacher Aids/Para Professionals