The Visitors Bureau estimates more than 10,000 attendees stopped for information on Champaign County. Representatives of the Visitors Bureau committee, Freshwater Farms of Ohio, Café Paradiso, Folck Winery and 1868 Italianate Casa handed out community guides, event listings, and brochures on local destinations and attractions. Travel show attendees were encouraged to sign up for the Visitors Bureau email list for their chance to win a Champaign County “getaway package” worth over $300.
The mission of the Visitors Bureau is to promote Champaign County as a premier destination of leisure travel, highlighting the area’s historical, cultural, and recreational attractions. The Visitors Bureau distributes the annual Champaign County events rack card, which is available now at the Chamber & Visitors Bureau office at 127 West Court Street. They will soon publish 20-page visitors guide that will feature dining establishments, attractions and lodging options.
The Visitors Bureau meets monthly and invites anyone interested in being involved in the Visitors Bureau to its meeting on March 25th at 8 AM at The Farmer’s Daughter. Please contact the Chamber at 937-653-5764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the Visitors Bureau or to RSVP to the March meeting.
Story submitted by Champaign County Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Bureau.
The trail adjacent to Mosquito Creek goes through the heart of the remaining wetland, an ideal location for these birds of prey.
The hike will begin at the trail head near the kiosk, 3975 Kiser Lake Road, St. Paris. For more information, contact Michelle Comer, the West District regional manager for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources’ Division of Natural Areas and Preserves, at email@example.com or 937-537-6173.
Click here to read full article on Urbana Daily Citizen.
Submitted Story/Photos to Urbana Daily Citizen
The circa 1935 “Then” photo (#0468) is of the birthplace of John Quincy Adams Ward, 335 College St., Urbana (southwest corner of South High and College streets). He was the grandson of Col. William Ward, founder of Urbana. John Quincy Adams Ward was regarded as the Dean of American Sculpture. His sculpture the “The Indian Hunter” was the first American sculpture to be displayed on a permanent basis in Central Park, New York City.
This house built in the 1820s was later occupied by the following families: C.H. Marvin, C. 1940-1950; Corwin Barnhart, C .1950-1960; Richard Rademacher C. 1960-1980. Phillip and Sarah Kerns are the current residents. Note that the house has a tile roof and front and side porches.
A circa 1948 photo (#1717) shows that the front porch had been removed.
The 2019 “Now” photo is of the same house. Note that the house has an asphalt shingle roof and neither a front nor side porch.
Submitted to Urbana Daily Citizen by the Champaign County Historical Museum, a not-for-profit organization that depends upon donations and dues to preserve, protect, archive and display the artifacts that tell the Champaign County story. The free public museum, 809 East Lawn Ave., Urbana, is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays; and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays.
Click here to read article on Urbana Daily Citizen.
Our Towne Mechanicsburg presents Christmas in the Village on Saturday, December 14th! The day kicks off at 8am with Secret Santa and Pancake Breakfasts.
There will be craft vendors, bake goods, crafts, parades & fun for the whole family!
And don't forget to stop at all the local shops while you're out & about!