Urbana students research history, legacy of Urbana educator
Dr. Curry moved his school to Mechanicsburg Ohio in September of 1895. The school opened with 19 students and 3 teachers. After the first year the school did not have any graduates and it started losing support in the community.So in order to keep up the school's support Dr. Curry and his then fiance held their wedding ceremony and invited everyone to it. Later in September of 1897 the Baptist Association removed the support and closed down the school. Brothers Charles Swayne, W. T. Hill, D. R. Jones and J. H. Chavers recommended Urbana to Dr Curry.