Job Description of Open Position
We have a great opportunity for an off shift Furnace Operator who wants to be a part of a growing company. Our single-hit presses produce small parts (no forklifts or heavy lifting), in an air-conditioned environment. Our quiet plant requires minimal PPE. We ARE NOT a Just-In-Time Manufacturer.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. To setup, operate and monitor furnaces to meet production and quality standards.
2. To understand the sintering process and perform programming on the furnaces. To accept a high level of responsibility for the substantial product value.
3. To provide coverage until relief arrives for the continuous 24-hour operation of the furnaces.
4. To work directly with the metallurgical lab on packing instructions and load temperatures.
5. To prepare furnace loads using proper packing techniques and avoiding damage to fragile parts.
6. To prepare furnace plates ensuring that scraping and painting are performed properly. To distribute painted plates to the press department. To gather plate stools and sort by size.
7. To ensure that all parts including test pieces are placed into the proper temperature furnace load.
8. To troubleshoot and correct furnace problems.
9. To preform basic preventative maintenance on equipment
Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.
40 Monument Square, Suite 306
Urbana, Ohio 43078
Champaign Works is supported by the Champaign Economic Parternship. Learn more at CEPOhio.com.