The Ultra-met Company is a leading independent manufacturer of tungsten carbide products for fabricators and tool makers that will be used in a wide range of industries such as the automotive, aerospace, medical, petroleum, and woodworking industries. Our products primarily consist of cutting tools and wear products. The manufacturing process involves making tungsten carbide powder, pressing, forming, sintering, and grinding operations.
In this key role, the Government Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to provide market and product development to grow Ultra-Met’s Ohio-made tungsten carbide and cermet products. These markets will focus on United States Government opportunities. This position will interface will all UM departments to achieve new-market growth goals. This position reports to the V.P. of Sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Consulting with the US Government and Ultra-met Engineering and Management to understand and develop new business opportunities and new markets.
2. Contacting potential clients and government branches to build rapport and establish relationships
3. Being the liaison between Ultra-met engineering, customer support and the customer to continually improve the product as well as delivery
4. Developing strategic sales goals and sales growth plans to steadily increase the market share with newly developed opportunities
5. Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines
6. Maintaining positive relationships with current customers while attracting new ones
Specific qualifications include:
1. Significant and specific business development or sales experience in the carbide market preferred (cutting tools, wear plates/pads, mining, earthworks, downhole, etc.)
2. Must understand machining, metalworking technologies, carbide grades, geometries, coating, and applications.
3. Previous United States Government sales or account management experience required
4. High degree of analytical skills with a degree in business management, engineering, or equivalent experience in industrial carbide product sales.
5. Success in building new markets in similar fields
6. Proven ability to manage all account responsibilities for major accounts.
7. The assignment of sales calls for daily travel with 40% over nights.
Click here to learn more and apply today!